Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I'm a sponser to Maggie Moo

"Hi I am Maggie Moo. My foster mom said to tell you that I am a sweet senior girl with some very bad eyes. Besides the red tissue tissue that you see (they said that contains a benign tumor) I have a tumor behind my right eye that is suspected to be a very aggressive form of cancer.

I have been taken to the doggie doctor and they are trying to help my sore ears and my bad eyes and to keep me out of pain. I have to have an operation on my right eye. That sounds scary but my foster mom said I would be ok and that the doctor would be real gentle.

I am a little slow getting up as my old joints are a bit creaky, but I like to go into the yard and even take short walks on a leash. I like doggie treats and take them real gently. My favorite thing of all is tummy rubs!!! Oh my how I like my big ol' white tummy rubbed. You could do that all day!

I was very scared when Arizona Basset Hound Rescue first took me into their care. I didn’t understand what happened to my old family or why they didn’t want me any more. My new foster mom is helping me to not be scared and I am getting used to my new dog brothers and sisters and there is even a cat or two here!

I am one lucky girl!"

I am sponsering Maggie Moo to help with the medical bills for her eye surgery. There were lots of cuter, younger hounds up to be sponsered but Maggie Moo was the only one who didn't already have at least one sponsor. Poor girl. So we chose her. It's only $10 a month so I decide I can afford to skip a latte or 2 to help a little houndie.

2 comments:

nikki peterson said...

you are too much! that is very sweet kacy. where does she live?

Brenda Smith said...

That is so sweet of you! Sad when families give up on the dogs. I think I'd go broke taking care of mine if something bad happened. Glad you are sponsoring her! I know she deserves it!