Friday, February 5, 2010

Rupert's Valentine Poem

I’ve lived on the streets and rummaged for food;
and when I arrived here I was kind of rude.

I peed on your floor and chewed up your shoes;
I slobbered on your couch and flung drool from my flews.

I swallowed a plug, that plugged me right up;
but you paid two grand to save this old pup.

When I need love, you rub my belly;
You wash me up when I am smelly.

When I am sad, you pat my head;
And when I’m tired, you let me hog your bed.

You take me on walks, even when your feet ache;
and you feed me sweet, yummy treats that you bake.

You treat me like a son, even though I treat you like my slave;
you vow to love me although I misbehave.

So mommy, er valentine, this day I declare;
that I love you more with each breath of fresh air.

I’d trade you for nothing, not a cent or a bone;
I’ll love you forever, til the day that I’m gone.

1 comment:

nikki peterson said...

that's awesome kacy. kinda brought a tear to my eye... but being 9 months pregnant makes me cry at nearly everthing... i hope you win!