Thursday, May 17, 2007

4 days til take-off....

We are so excited for our BIG trip. Only 4 more work days, I know I can make it.
We'll be leaving Weds night and driving driving driving. Today I bought CB his seatbelt. We tried it out for a few blocks to take James to work and he yelped the whole ride. I think we'll continue to try it thru-out the weekend and hopefully he'll get used to it. If not then it's gonna be a loooooong ride!
We'll get to the bay area in the middle of the night and will likely stop and sleep at Stewy's. Then maybe a Grease pit for breakfast, stop by mama's for a quick hello and then it's back in the car to head up to Winters.
We'll stay there for the night, hang with James' fam or have a drink with some friends we have up there. Then Friday Cowboy meets his cousins. We're very excited to hang out with Nikki and the crazy puppers.
Saturday is James' sisters wedding...so back to winters at some point btwn fri and sat.
Sunday we'll close up shop and head back down to the bay, see mama for a brunch of sorts, hang with her until she kicks us out. And then we're off...or wait, maybe we'll catch pops for dindin AND THEN we're off. A lovely 8, or 10 hour drive (with a crazy crying cowboy) back down to SD.
Monday, memorial day, will be a day of beers, bowls, relaxation and absolutely NO MORE DRIVING!!!

Eeeeeeh, we can't wait.

3 comments:

nikki peterson said...

we can't wait either! sounds like ya'll will be b-u-s-y!
i have thursday and friday off next week and i don't have to be there on sat until 330pm.
btw, why do you keep calling me druggy?

Brenda Smith said...

Speaking of druggy, I recommend stopping at the vet for some doggy downers just in case cowboy decides driving in cars is not his cup of tea. Hopefully we'll get the chance to meet each other, I'd like that. Oh, and one more thing, I thought you weren't 'into' blogging, hmmm, seems like someone is blogging away!

Debbi said...

Oh....what a long drive. I hope cowboy does well. I would hate to drive that far with a howling dog. Wait! I think I would rather have that than my Joey around the back of my neck for that long. Have a safe drive.