Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Our First Foster Furchild

This is Farley. I pulled him from the Chula Vista Animal Shelter yesterday. He's about 7 years old and was found as a stray. He is staying with me likely until Saturday. I will then head up to Long Beach where I will pass him off to another person. They will take him the second leg of the relay transport. We are working on getting him to Daphneyland. Its a Basset Rescue with about 100 hounds. They work to find good forever homes for these poor hounds.
Farley is way underweight. He is about 2x the size of Cowboy in build and length but only weighs 5# more. He needs to put on a good 15-25#. And trust me he is trying - he eats like a hog!
Tonight he really opened up to us. He gave us kisses for the first time, sat on the couch and layed on my lap. He does this thing where he stand next to me when I am sitting on the ground. He leans into me until he is practically laying on me but still apppears to be standing. I think he is trying not to be vulnerable while still getting the love he wants and deserves. And in case you are wondering, yes, I am falling in love with this little man. He is a total lover and I am so excited to be involved in finding him a great, loving home!

2 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

Kudos to you for doing something so wonderful! It has got to be so rewarding for you to know that you are a loving part of his new upcoming life. Who'd have thought Cowboy would cause your heart to be so big!

nikki peterson said...

you are awespome! and i love Farley. i wish i could of met him!