Saturday, July 7, 2007

Happy Independence Day (belated)

Well I've misplaced my camera connection cord so i cannot upload our most recent photos.
We had a very fun-filled fourth of July. It was so crowded here in the beach areas. I came home from work Tuesday with the intentions of finding a good street parking spot only to sell it the following morning to some passerby who couldnt find a spot. Much to my dismay there was NO parking whatsoever. This is unheard of for a Tuesday afternoon. Cars were zooming thru the neighborhood all night and everytime I heard someone leaving I'd run out to take the spot but there was always someone waiting for it. Nothing lost, nothing gained.
Wednesday we woke up early and Cowboy & I went for a morning stroll. Traffic was crazy even by 700am. Then we mosey'd around the house, gathering beach items and giving CB lots of love (since he'd be home alone all day). We rearranged our parking spots to make room for 10 cars when we usually only park 4 out there. All of our friends were stoked on the reserved, close parking spots. By about 1030 we were walking toward the ocean and the sand was already filling up. We hung out at some friends house right on the boardwalk where there were kegs and jello shots galore.
Somehow we made it til 6pm without passing out or getting too burnt. We arrived home to a happy little basset who was ready to play. By 8pm we were sound asleep and ready to tackle a long day of work on Thursday....sort of. :-)

2 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

I think camera cords hide sometimes! I'm missing one too. Fortunately I have more than one cord!

You mean you pooped out that early!?! We were up til way late, having too much fun, no alcohol though. It was still great times!

Debbi said...

Oh how I miss those days of partying all day. memories. Wish I could have been there. We would have stayed up way past 6pm ya big weinie.