Wednesday, July 11, 2007

How come shorter weeks seem so much longer?

Last week felt like it took forever with the holiday breaking it up and then this week too is draggin on. I had every intention of going in on Monday, but luck would have it...I didn't. I woke up about a half hour late that morning and jumped in the shower, got dressed, blow-dryed my hair and then looked at the clock. I was gonna be a good 30 mins late to work. I decided to call my supe to let him know and as it rang I had an idea. If he answers, I'll go in late, but if he doesn't...I wont go in at all. Well the glorious sound of a voicemail came on and I was home free, literally. I left a message that I wouldnt be coming in, appologized for the inconvenience and that was that. It's kind of his fault if you think about it, he should've just answered. :) So to any of you who supervise others...answer the phone if you want attendance. LOL
It turned out to be quite a productive day though because I was dressed and showered by 7am - on my day off. (Trust me, this is rare.) I played with CB, took him on walkies and even made breakfast in bed for James. Then I dropped all the laundry off at the laundromat and we walked Cowboy down to the do-it-yourself dog wash. We got him squeaky clean, he smells delicious. I then finished the laundry,went to Ace, cleaned the house and made invitations for Cowboy's birthday bash! As a reward...you know, (since it was my day off afterall) we treated ourselves to burgers and pitchers at our favorite local joint, Rocky's. We then walked home, to avoid any legal issues AND get some extra exercise.
But getting to the point, now I feel like this week too is dragging on. And then next week will be 4 days too, (i'm off Friday for Mom & cousin) so hopefully it wont feel like forever. Oh well, I guess I can't complain.4 days is always better than 5.

3 comments:

nikki peterson said...

ooohhhh. that is a mark against your dependability.... i hope your boss doens't read your blog! yum! i want a rockies burger and 2 pcithers!

Brenda Smith said...

Isn't a day off great though? I did that last week, spent the day with Nikki. It was great fun. Whens cowboys birthday? Are we invited?

Debbi said...

Uummm. I am tellllllinnnngggg. Boss????Bosss?????kacy Lied!